So my attempt at batch cooking was slightly diverted when I came across a recipe for gluten, dairy and sugar free cookies. No, I’m not talking about using that nasty gluten free flour (it really doesn’t agree with me) but this recipe stood out from the rest so I decided to give it a go. Worst case, I end up with some nasty tasting cookie replica.
It’s a really simple recipe by Detoxinista and goes as follows:
Double Chocolate Cookies
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 18 mins
Chewy and rich chocolate cookies, that are grain-free and naturally sweetened.
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a Silpat. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix until a smooth and sticky batter is formed.
- Drop the batter by tablespoons onto the lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. (If you’d like, you can add the chocolate chips on the top of each cookie, rather than mixing them into the batter. They look a little more decorative that way!)
- Bake for 8-9 minutes at 350F, or until firm.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the pan, before removing to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.
As per usual I didn’t have all the ingredients in stock. I had one spoonful of smooth almond butter and a jar of crunchy. It’s all the same at the end of the day so added the crunchy butter to the mix. I also didn’t have chocolate chips but I made my own buy chopping up a few squares of Green & Blacks 70% cocoa chocolate.
All in all, the cookies were absolutely fantastic, super tasty and the crunchy almond butter worked a treat!
I can’t wait to make some more this weekend!